SP Tabletop Games
Welcome To Singapore Polytechnic's very own Tabletop Games Club Forum!

Club Members please sign up so you can get updated with all the announcements and events!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SP Tabletop Games
Welcome To Singapore Polytechnic's very own Tabletop Games Club Forum!

Club Members please sign up so you can get updated with all the announcements and events!
SP Tabletop Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» IS this Forum still Active??
~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~ EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 10:22 am by Agretgundam

» Weiss Schwarz players!
~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~ EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 3:25 pm by vikutaaaaaa

» Dominion
~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~ EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:29 am by IIIIIz

» Meetings
~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~ EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 7:13 pm by Aerost

» Favourite Card?
~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~ EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:27 am by Aerost

» New video is up
~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~ EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:47 pm by Jay Wong (kaiserchronik)

» English Decks to loan out
~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~ EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:03 pm by Xenetras2013

» Interdimensional Heroes
~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~ EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:52 am by silferysky

» Creature Swap is so underrated!
~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~ EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:20 am by Trance

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Links
Our Facebook Group
free forum

ChatBox

~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~

3 posters

Go down

~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~ Empty ~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~

Post  alyss Tue May 14, 2013 10:21 am

Hiya peepz! The sun is shining, the sky is shining, the world is shining - welcome to the world of pink Duel Masters!

There're 3 main types of players in Duel Masters - the Trading Card Game (TCG) players, the Official Card Game (OCG) players, and the 'I'm fluffy and I know it' (Hybrid) players.

There're also mean players, happy players, Jay players, but those fall under different categories. Feel free to ask me if you want information on them, though! For example, how happy a player is is defined on how many unicorns they have in their deck. And how happy a unicorn is is defined by how pink it is. And how pink it is is...-

Trading Card Game (TCG)

This category is essentially the entire English section of Duel Masters. The cards were printed in English for the sake of English-based countries to be able to play them more easily, but was discontinued quite early on.

As such, the TCG only covers a very small percentage of cards in the entire Duel Masters database. However, TCG does not have the all-mighty banlist to govern it, which is likely its most notable feature.

One thing to note is that some cards' effects were edited when they were translated. For example, the card Bombazar, Dragon of Destiny's effect had changed when comparing its English version to its Japanese counterpart.

Official Card Game (OCG)

With new sets of cards constantly emerging, the OCG has become a pretty intense metagame. The language the cards are printed in isn't really a problem, as after you actually begin playing, you'll soon be able to memorize which card does what. In fact, the OCG might just help your brain undergo a wonderful transformation that will cause it to increase it's size by 0.0000000000000.

This type of game might be very costly and expensive though, especially if you wish to keep up with the current metagame players. Fun OCG decks are of course possible, and players who make such decks can still enter tournaments and the like - to see how their fun deck irritates the rainbows out of their opponent fares, or just to have fun and meet more players.

I'm fluffy and I know it (Hybrid)

This section is pretty much exactly what its un-fluffy name says - it's a hybrid of both the TCG and the OCG.

For example, there is a Japanese card that you really want to make a deck around, but it's in the banlist. Or, say that you want to incorporate both the English cards and Japanese cards in the same deck. Yeap. This. Hybrid. Sparkles.

YAY SUMMARY! Now I can go off and die yay!

The most important point in the end would be a deck that you like and enjoy playing with. If you see a card you like in the OCG and wish to build around it, go for it. If the banlist annoys you, go for TCG or Hybrid.

Also, you can have multiple decks. A hundred decks of one category, or one deck of each category, if so you wish, along with a nice fat hole in your wallet. Just as long as you have fun and sunshine and rainbows and sparkles!

Alyss here, sparkling away!
No vampires here. Definitely.

(Ignore all the irrelevant bits. I was too bored, so I believe I overdid what was supposed to be a perfectly normal boring post.)

Last edited by alyss on Thu May 16, 2013 6:37 am; edited 2 times in total

alyss
Junior Contributor
Junior Contributor

Back to top Go down

~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~ Empty Re: ~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~

Post  Trance Tue May 14, 2013 10:31 am

I play hybrid Very Happy what do you play?
Trance
Trance
Admin

https://sptgs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~ Empty To learn to fluffy

Post  alyss Tue May 14, 2013 3:32 pm

I play OCG and Hybrid, I suppose =)

alyss
Junior Contributor
Junior Contributor

Back to top Go down

~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~ Empty Re: ~TCG, OCG or I'm fluffy and I know it~

Post  IIIIIz Tue May 14, 2013 3:40 pm

I play all three!
Or actually, more of OCG, TCG and OCG with english versions of Jap cards cause they're just too hard to find.

IIIIIz
Junior Contributor
Junior Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Trance Tue May 14, 2013 4:05 pm

(Y)
Trance
Trance
Admin

https://sptgs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum